G - Group Consulting (New Zealand)
12:30 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: A front-line perspective on Fighting Corrosion in Marine Structures through Effective repairs and protection
In this interactive session, you will hear about and contribute to thought provoking questions on your critical assets of steel and concrete.
- How do port and coastal structures live and die?
- What are the chronic diseases such as concrete deterioration?
- What could be the catastrophic sudden death syndromes for Australian ports?
- What are the tensions between risks, extended life, and how might an owner indemnify against sudden death?
- Where does fatigue fit in?
- Can an untimely death of structures be delayed?
- What are tunable super absorbent polymers?
- Where steel meets concrete …. Can we do better?
- Are there innovative financial models for limited maintenance funding?