Executive General Manage of Port Operations
Port of Melbourne
The Port of Melbourne is currently undergoing a complete refurbishment to improve their trade routes and cruise liners. With the development of larger ships and increased trade output, port expansion is essential to coast and marine structure development. Since the privatisation of the port in 2016, long term planning and investment has been at the forefront of their strategies.
Keith Gordon, Executive General Manager of Port Operations continues to manage the port’s assets and spatial data programs. It is here he will discuss the development of Port of Melbourne and how they expanded port operations to cater to larger vessels.
- Understanding how effective spatial planning can assist in transportation and trade
- Finding cost-efficient approaches to addressing ocean management challenges
- Improving planning and regulatory efficiencies for ports to increase trade output
- Discussing the challenges of automated technology in container terminals
- Determine the different functions drones have on ports
- Finding cost efficient strategies to utilising technology