- Optimising resource utilizations and capacity handling by leveraging advanced technologies
- Maximising efficient port operations to safely maintain current throughput and accommodate future growth
- Balancing security requirements and operational efficiencies
- Discussing different modes of automated operation.
- Exploring how implementation of automating container terminal requires careful program management and interaction over the organisational boundaries.
- Exploring how modern technologies can save inspection time
- Understanding the cost benefit analysis of adopting innovative inspection methods
- Discovering how modern technology can make marine structures more accessible
- Discussing the best approach to make future proof marine structures
- Exploring the latest innovations being used in the maintenance and management of assets
- Responding to the evolving market trends with smart techniques
- Exploring the $2.75 million investment in ferry and boating infrastructure and wave protection works for Portarlington’s Safe Harbour
- Examining the tender and procurement process of the project
- Discussing the need for greater collaboration between stakeholders
- Exploring the installation of 110 meters of concrete pre-cast wave screen panels on the western side of the pier and wharf to protect vessels berthed inside the Harbour from westerly winds.
- Importance of considering climate change and rising sea levels while developing a coastal area project
- Discussing the recent completion of 140,000-tonne northern and eastern rock
A front-line perspective on Fighting Corrosion in Marine Structures through Effective repairs and protection
- How do port and coastal structures live and die?
- What are the chronic diseases such as concrete deterioration?
- What could be the catastrophic sudden death syndromes for Australian ports?
- What are the tensions between risks, extended life, and how might an owner indemnify against sudden death?
- Where does fatigue fit in?
- Can an untimely death of structures be delayed?
- What are tunable super absorbent polymers?
- Where steel meets concrete …. Can we do better?
- Are there innovative financial models for limited maintenance funding?
In this presentation from Coasts & Marine Structures 2018 Richard Morgan, Principle and Auspec Engineering explores;
- Physical condition assesment
- Compliance with regulations and standards
- Protection systems
- Change management
In this presentation from Coasts & Marine Structures 2018 Ryan Bennett, Senior Planning and Sustainability Manager at the Port Authority of NSW explores;
- Managing environmental impacts and developing the port in a sustainable manner
- Establishing, monitoring, reviewing and continually improving environmental objectives, targets and action plans
- Identifying, managing and mitigating noise caused from operations at the port
- Providing information and education to help people understand the operational needs of a working harbor